Sunday, May 8, 2011

Am I a mother?

I am not going to church today.

I have been quite down and teary over the last week.

Last week at Church someone made the comment about how lucky this couple were to have their first baby.

The speaker continued to say that they were a good couple who deserved to have this blessing.

No malice was intended, but statements like that hurt,

And I expect there will be more like that today.

I am a good person, my husband is an even better person!

If being deserving was the qualification for having children,

We'd have a bunch and I'd be hoping for breakfast in bed this morning!



Today I wonder,

Am I a mother?

I tired my best to nuture the lives that grew within me!

I loved them.

I loved what might have been.

I am a mother.




Happy Mothers Day to my mum!








2 comments:

  1. You're a mummy! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this on another blog and thought you should read it too... i agree with every word.

    *******

    To those of you trying so diligently to get that baby your heart desires, you are a Mother in my eyes and in the eyes of many. Loving, yearning and dreaming of that precious baby and already making a home for them in your heart. Don't feel left out this day, but be proud of the hard work and dedication you are giving your unborns. I pray that you will hold them soon and you will.

    Whether, you have a mother, are a mother, are going to be a mother shortly, wish to be a mother soon, have impacted and continue to impact the life of a child, have children that look up to you or have even so much told a child you loved them as you've embraced them. And to every woman who has been a mother-ish figure in my life:

    You are the most beautiful women in the world to me. You are shaping the future and nurturing it with love. You are irreplaceable. You are loved and admired more than you know.

    ♥ Happy Mother's Day ♥

    ReplyDelete