Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Story!

When I had my ultrasound ar 7wks I was told that everything was ok. There was a fetal heart beat and that is all they would look for at that stage. For any of you who have struggled to have a child you may understand the relief I felt hearing those words.

I asked again:
Is there anything to be concerned about?
No bleeding?
Things look good?

The answer was a repetition of the earlier statement:
What we would want to see at this stage is a fetal heart beat and we have that.

Oh, can you imagine my happiness at hearing those words!
The relief,
The joy,
The excitement!

My whole world came crashing down the next morning. I was looking for a lovely picture of the embryo to show off when I came across the report from the ultrasound. A complete reversal of emotion in one split second - from joy to devastation.
Oh no, please no!
I don't want to do this again!
I don't want to loose another baby!
Please, nooo!
I want this pregancy!
I want this baby!
Please, help me!
Please, please, no, no ,nooo!!!!
I don't want to do this all again.
Please!

A week of waiting beings.
A week until the 8wk scan.
A week of praying.
A week of hoping.
A week of sadness.
Oh please, help this baby grow strong and healthy.

The inevitable happens -
The 8 wk scan.
But I think I'll continue that story later.
My heart hurts a little at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Annette....my heart just breaks for you! It is so very, VERY unfair.

    ReplyDelete